Medical services news for Coomera
Keep informed about your health
Welcome to our Notice Board where we'll post updates about the medical services available at our Coomera practice as well as useful facts you should know about for your own health care and that of your family. If you have any questions about any of our medical services, or healthcare in general, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Diabetes - Fast Facts
- 275 Australians develop diabetes every day
- Diabetes is Australia’s fastest growing chronic disease
- Nearly 1,000,000 Australians are currently diagnosed with diabetes
- For every person diagnosed, it is estimated that there is another who is not yet diagnosed; a total of about 1.7 million people
- The total number of Australians with diabetes and pre-diabetes is estimated at 3.2 million
- As the sixth leading cause of death in Australia, it is critical we take action
- Up to 60% of cases of type 2 diabetes can be prevented
Download the Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool below and check your risk level.
If you scored 12 points or more in the Diabetic Risk Assessment Tool you may have undiagnosed type 2 diabetes or be at high risk of developing the disease. See your doctor about having a fasting blood glucose test. Act now to prevent type 2 diabetes.
The best way to protect your newborn is to protect yourself. Have you had your adult whooping cough vaccination?
If you need any further information about our medical services in Coomera, feel free to give us a call or send us a message using the form on the Contact page or using the address below.